Transparent electronics; Thin Film Transistors; Metal oxide semiconductors; Thin films; Microelectronics; Nanotechnologies and Biosensors.
10 publicações representativas (Researcher ID: E-2590-2011)
1. Fortunato, E. M. C.; Barquinha, P. M. C.; Pimentel, A.; Goncalves, A. M. F.; Marques, A. J. S.; Pereira, L. M. N.; Martins, R. F. P., Fully transparent ZnO thin-film transistor produced at room temperature. Advanced Materials 2005, 17 (5), 590-+.
2. Fortunato, E.; Ginley, D.; Hosono, H.; Paine, D. C., Transparent conducting oxides for photovoltaics. Mrs Bulletin 2007, 32 (3), 242-247.
3. Fortunato, E.; Correia, N.; Barquinha, P.; Pereira, L.; Goncalves, G.; Martins, R., High-performance flexible hybrid field-effect transistors based on cellulose fiber paper. Ieee Electron Device Letters 2008, 29 (9), 988-990.
4. Fortunato, E.; Barros, R.; Barquinha, P.; Figueiredo, V.; Park, S. H. K.; Hwang, C. S.; Martins, R., Transparent p-type SnOx thin film transistors produced by reactive rf magnetron sputtering followed by low temperature annealing. Applied Physics Letters 2010, 97 (5).
5. Branquinho, R.; Veigas, B.; Pinto, J. V.; Martins, R.; Fortunato, E.; Baptista, P. V., Real-time monitoring of PCR amplification of proto-oncogene c-MYC using a Ta2O5 electrolyte-insulator-semiconductor sensor. Biosensors & Bioelectronics 2011, 28 (1), 44-49.
6. Martins, R.; Nathan, A.; Barros, R.; Pereira, L.; Barquinha, P.; Correia, N.; Costa, R.; Ahnood, A.; Ferreira, I.; Fortunato, E., Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor Technology With and On Paper. Advanced Materials 2011, 23 (39), 4491-+.
7. Fortunato, E.; Martins, R., Where science fiction meets reality? With oxide semiconductors! Physica Status Solidi-Rapid Research Letters 2011, 5 (9), 336-339.
8. Figueiredo, V.; Elangovan, E.; Barros, R.; Pinto, J. V.; Busani, T.; Martins, R.; Fortunato, E., p-Type CuxO Films Deposited at Room Temperature for Thin-Film Transistors. Journal of Display Technology 2012, 8 (1), 41-47.
9. Fortunato, E.; Barquinha, P.; Martins, R., Oxide Semiconductor Thin-Film Transistors: A Review of Recent Advances. Advanced Materials 2012, 24 (22), 2945-2986.
10. Veigas, B.; Jacob, J. M.; Costa, M. N.; Santos, D. S.; Viveiros, M.; Inacio, J.; Martins, R.; Barquinha, P.; Fortunato, E.; Baptista, P. V., Gold on paper-paper platform for Au-nanoprobe TB detection. Lab on a Chip 2012, 12 (22), 4802-4808.
Elvira Fortunato is full professor in Materials Science Department of Faculty of Science and Technology of New University of Lisbon, a Fellow of the Portuguese Engineering Academy since 2009 and decorated with the grade of Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry the Navigator by the President of the Republic in 2010, due to her scientific achievements worldwide. In 2015 she was appointed by the Portuguese President Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Celebrations of the National Day of Portugal, Camões and the Portuguese Communities.
She was also a member of the Portuguese National Scientific and Technological Council between 2012-2015 and a member of the advisory board of DG CONNECT (2014-2015). Since November 2015 she become Deputy Adviser of the High Level Group of Scientific Advice Mechanism from DG Research & Innovation European Commission.
Currently she is the director of the Institute of Nanomaterials, Nanofabrication and Nanomodeling and of CENIMAT. She is member of the board of trustees of Luso-American Foundation (Portugal/USA, 2013-2020).
Fortunato pioneered European research on transparent electronics, namely thin-film transistors based on oxide semiconductors, demonstrating that oxide materials can be used as true semiconductors. In 2008, she earns in the 1st ERC edition an AdG for the project “Invisible”, considered a success story. In the same year she demonstrated with her colleagues the possibility to make the first paper transistor, starting a new field in the area of paper electronics.
Fortunato published over 500 papers and during the last 10 years got more than 16 International prizes and distinctions for her work (e.g: IDTechEx USA 2009 (paper transistor); European Woman Innovation prize, Finland 2011).