Ana Pimentel received the degree in Physics Engineering, the Master degree in Materials Engineering and PhD in nanothecnology and nanoscience from the New University of Lisbon in 2000, 2006 and 2011, respectively. She worked as Postdoc (2012 – 2018) on the synthesis of ZnO nanoparticles to be used in nanoelectronics. Currently she is assistant researcher (CEEC 2017), with the main focus on the solution based synthesis of metal and metal oxides nanostructures.
Synthesis of metal and metal oxides nanoparticles (ZnO, TiO2, WO3, Ag, Au,…) by microwave assisted hydrothermal method, on glass, cellulose and cork based substrates, to be used in different application, such as UV sensors, catalysis, platform for SERS applications, piezoelectricity and as an antibacterial agent.
Production and structural and morphological characterization of oxide-based thin films and oxide-based nanostructures produced by solution synthesis routes (spin coating and microwave); electrochromic and thermochromic materials; photocatalysis; sensors.
- D. Nunes, A. R. Fragoso, T. Freire, M. Matias, A. C. Marques, R. Martins, E. Fortunato, A. Pimentel; ” Ultrafast Microwave Synthesis of WO3 Nanostructured Films for Solar Photocatalysis”; Phys. Status Solidi RRL 2100196 (2021); https://doi.org/10.1002/pssr.202100196
- D. Nunes, A. Pimentel, R. Branquinho, E. Fortunato, R. Martins; “Metal Oxide-Based Photocatalytic Paper: A Green Alternative for Environmental Remediation”; Catalysts, 11(4), 504 (2021); https://doi.org/10.3390/catal11040504;
- S. H. Ferreira, M. Morais, D. Nunes, M. J. Oliveira, A. Rovisco, A. Pimentel, H. Águas, E. Fortunato, R. Martins “High UV and Sunlight Photocatalytic Performance of Porous ZnO Nanostructures Synthesized by a Facile and Fast Microwave Hydrothermal Method”; Materials, 14(9), 2385 (2021); https://doi.org/10.3390/ma14092385
- A. Pimentel, J. Rodrigues, P. Duarte, D. Nunes, F.M. Costa, T. Monteiro, R. Martins, E. Fortunato, “Effect of solvents on ZnO nanostructures synthesized by solvothermal method assisted by microwave radiation: a photocatalytic study”, Journal of Materials Science, 50 (2015) pp. 5777-5787.
- A. Pimentel, D. Nunes, P. Duarte, J. Rodrigues,F.M. Costa, T. Monteiro, R. Martins, E. Fortunato, “Synthesis of Long ZnO Nanorods under Microwave Irradiation or Conventional Heating”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 118 (2014) pp. 14629-14639.